This feature requires the Globalization Solution. Contact your Account Manager to learn more.
You can add subtitles to a video, that are specific to the language of the course. This allows you to translate subtitles only, instead of the whole video.
There are two prerequisites to adding localized subtitles:
- the course must be available in the target language (see Translate a course for more information);
- you must have the
.vttsubtitles file corresponding to the target language.
When both conditions are met, you can add the localized subtitles.
- Open the course in edition mode
- In the top banner, on the right of the pen icon, click
- In section
Source content, on the top right of the video, click
Download(icon of an arrow pointing down)
- In section
Translated content, below the field
Name, click the gray box to add a video
OR SELECT A FILEand select the video you just downloaded
- On the top right of the new video, click
Settings(icon of a cog)
Upload your subtitles (.srt or .vtt file)
- Select your
- On the bottom right, click
When you play the course in the target language, the video will now display the subtitles linked to that language (don’t forget to activate subtitles on the bottom right of the video when playing it).