You can use AI to generate questions in a course, based on the text contents of your cheat sheets, or the subtitles of your videos. We’re using OpenAI as the engine behind that feature, which we call QGen.
If you edit the source (change the text of the cheat sheet, or upload a new video and automatically generate the subtitles again), the list of suggested questions will update automatically. This might take up to 1 minute, depending on the length and complexity of the text.
The number of AI-suggested questions depends on the length of the text or video. The average is 3 questions per activity, and usually less than 10.
Add AI-suggested questions
You can select AI-suggested questions from the question creation interface in the edition screen of a course.
- At the top of the homepage, click Courses.
- Click on a course.
- In the left sidebar, below the list of existing activities, click Add a question.
- At the top, click the tab Suggested questions.
- On the left, click on an activity to display the related questions.
- The questions are generated based on the text of the cheat sheet, or the automatically generated subtitles of the recorded/uploaded video. Images or files in the cheat sheet are not taken into account.
- See the section Accepted videos for more details on videos accepted by QGen.
- If there are no questions, make sure that the field Content of the cheat sheet or the video subtitles contain text in a supported language, between 30 and 1,000 words, and does not include potentially sensitive topics.
- At the top of the list of questions, filter by Single Selection, Multiple Choice or True / False.
- Check the questions you want to add to the course (you can add a mix of single selection, multiple choice, and true / false questions).
- At the bottom right, click ADD N QUESTIONS (N being the number of selected questions).
The questions are added directly under the related activity (first the Single Selection questions, then the True / False questions, then the Multiple Choice questions).
We take into account three types of videos:
- video files uploaded in the banner of a cheat sheet (between the title and the content in the edition screen);
- video files uploaded as document activities, by clicking Add a document in the left sidebar of a course in the edition screen;
- videos recorded directly on the platform, by clicking Add a recording in the left sidebar of a course in the edition screen.
Those videos must have subtitles in a supported language, automatically generated by the platform. If needed, you can force-generate them again by clicking Settings at the top right of the video, then Generate subtitles again.
The following videos are not taken into account in QGen:
- Videos hosted elsewhere than the platform (such as YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive).
- Videos without subtitles, or with manually uploaded subtitles.
- Videos with automatically generated subtitles in a language other than the supported languages.