Learners can create a Learning Need in their group, if the Learning Needs feature is activated.
A Learning Need is linked to a group: it is visible to all users who can see the group. Platform administrators can see all Learning Needs.
You need to explicitly have the learner role in the group to be able to create a Learning Need. Admins who do not have the learner role, for instance, cannot create Learning Needs.
- At the top right of the homepage, click → Learning Need.
- Fill out the form.
- Change the Group or keep the default one.
- The default group is the lowest in your hierarchy (the furthest away from the platform group), where the maximum number of Learning Needs is not reached. If several groups match, we select the one created most recently.
- Optionally, click Suggest experts to suggest users who might be a good fit to teach this topic.
- On the bottom right, click SHARE.
Once the Learning Need is created, a popup will appear where you can optionally ping users, to encourage them to upvote the Learning Need.