You can post messages by clicking in the text area of a message box, entering your text, then clicking Send.
The term "message" corresponds to three elements:
- a post (in the section Messages of a group or a session, or the profile page of a user);
- a comment (in the contextual forum of a course’s activity, a Learning need, or the correction of an Open question);
- a reply (to a comment or post).
Find the origin of a message
In the newsfeed, hover your mouse over the icons on the right of the date of the message.
- The icon in the shape of a puzzle piece indicates the course or program from where the message was published.
- The icon in the shape of a group of users indicates the group from where the message was published.
Publication rules for messages
A message is visible by a user if two conditions are met:
- the user can see the element in which the message was published (a course for the contextual forum, a session for the section Messages, a group for the newsfeed);
- the user belongs to the group in which the message was published (except in the case of a session Instructor, who sees all messages from the section Messages of their session).
When a user posts a message, it is also visible in the newsfeed of their profile.
If a user posts a message on another user's wall, the message will be visible in the newsfeed of the author's and of the recipient's profile, by users who belong to the group the message was posted in. The message will not show up in the main newsfeed or in the group newsfeed.