Declare a Learning Need
Where to declare a Learning Need
All users can declare a Learning Need.
Learning Needs are declared on a group basis: only users from the group can see the group's Learning Needs.
User can declare a Learning Need:
- From the Homepage, by clicking Declare a Need
- From the Catalog > Learning Needs menu, by clicking New Learning Need
- From the search bar: if the platform can't find any results, click Declare a Learning Need
Find out more about the declaration form
Users need to fill in 3 required fields:
When the Learning Need is filled out, click Share to publish the Need.
Publishing the Learning Needs generates email notifications to the following users:
Find out more about visibility rules
In the newsfeed, Learning Needs are ranked according to a score. This score is based on the number of votes and the date of publication.
The score is computed as follows: ranking score = (number of votes) - (number of days since last publication).
Edit or delete a Learning Need
The user who declared the Leaning Need can edit it from the Catalog > Learning Needs menu, by hovering over the Need and clicking Edit. They can alternatively delete the Need by clicking Delete in the same menu.
React to a Learning Need
When published, Learning Needs are visible in the Catalog > Learning Needs menu.
User who can see the Learning Need can react to it:
- By upvoting it
- By commenting, via the social hub
Reacting to a Learning Need generates email notifications to the following users:
- The user who declared the Need
- Users who liked/commented on the Need
Respond to a Learning Need
When a Learning Need is published, group members can volunteer to address it by clicking APPLY NOW in the Need's social hub.
There is no limit to the number of participants who can apply to answer the Need.
When a user applies to a Need, an email notification is sent to the group Admins.
Match a Champion to a Learning Need
The users who can select a Champion are:
To match a Champion:
- In the Need's social hub, click CHOOSE A CHAMPION
- Match the chosen Champion
An email notification will be sent to the Champion.
When the Champion has been selected by a group Admin, all group members can see the Champion's name in the Learning Need description box.
Find out more about the course creation process
Course creation workflow
When the Champion is selected, everything is intended to help them create courses rapidly:
- The new Champion receives an email notification
- They are granted Author permissions for the group (if they hadn't been assigned this role ealier)
- A course draft is generated, featuring the Champion as main Author
- Upon login into their account, the Champion will complete an automatic 360Learning course on Author permissions (if they hadn't been assigned this role ealier)
- Group Admin can add Co-Authors to the course from the course settings
- When the course is published, the course author and group admins can assign Reviewers
- Reviewers are notified over email and can share internal comments via the course forum
Share the course
Users who can see the course are:
Monitor the status of Learning Needs
Group Admins can monitor the status of Learning Needs via the Catalog > Learning Needs menu.
- The Manage Opportunities offers a project management approach to Learning Needs:
- The Ongoing Opportunies view features Learning Needs that have been turned into courses upon selecting a Champion. For each Need, you will find:
- The Learning Needs view features Learning Needs that haven't yet been matched to a Champion? From this view, you can start the course creation process by clicking Launch Project.
- You will find all Learning Needs in their respective newsfeed via the Browse All menu.
All users can check the status of ongoing Learning Needs from the Catalog > Learning Needs menu.
Learning Needs are filtered by status: