Support your emerging Leaders
For your company to transition into a learning organization, you need as many successful Leaders as can be! You know that you are on the right track when your number of Leaders is going up, they are releasing more and more courses and their diffusion and completion rates are high.
But becoming a Leader is hard. It takes courage and confidence to decide to share knowledge by creating courses for other learners. How do I make sure that other learners will like my courses? Am I going to make mistakes? Will I be rewarded for my effort?
Your role as an L&D manager is to review your Leaders' courses in a supportive way and share them when you know they are going to be successful. You also want to reward your Leaders to keep them engaged. That is the secret sauce for a high number of Leaders creating high-quality courses.
The most successful L&D departments tend to follow these best practices:
Set up a no-frustration review workflow
Remember, you want to empower your Leaders by coaching them, keeping them from sharing low-quality courses, all in a supportive way. Your platform helps you do just that by letting you review your Leaders' courses before sharing them.
Here is our suggested plan of action:
- Each week, you will receive an email from 360Learning on new courses that have yet to be shared with your learners. By clicking on the course in the email, you will be redirected to the content editor.
- Proofread the course: look for any typos or inconsistencies that could hinder readability.
- If you don't have the time to proofread courses yourself, add co-author(s) here.
- Share it fast (less than 7 days) by using the catalog, creating a program or adding it into a group's library
To motivate your Leaders into sharing their knowledge, this experience should feel rewarding. Here are a few tips to help you do so:
- Release all your Leaders' courses at the same time, regularly. Let's build momentum around it!
- Showcase the best courses and explain why you selected them to help other Leaders improve.
- How about rewarding them? Enroll your Leaders into a "Content Creation" program and add a certificate or a badge at the end. By taking the program, they will feel rewarded for their achievement! It is also the perfect opportunity to ensure that your Leaders follow the same training and create high-quality and follow your guidelines.
- Create a private group for Leaders for them to get a sense of community and share best practices.
- Share the love! Be vocal about your Leaders' accomplishments: how about rewarding the ones who have earned the most Achievements?