This article covers the statistics available on the platform based on what you want to improve! Feel free to vary the performance indicators you use to better refine your analysis of platform usage.
To get the most out of your 360Learning statistics tools, we highly recommend setting goals for your first year (for instance, 70% of the learners must have completed their training). This allows you to measure the progress you’ve made and identify obstacles on the platform.
To access your general platform statistics, navigate to your Dashboard.
Engagement measures platform usage.
To measure engagement on your platform, use the charts in the General > Participation tab.
A - Number of Users
The number of users indicates which members are active on your platform. It’s interesting to compare this number with the connection rate.
For example, if the number of users is much higher than the connection rate, it probably means that you can improve the platform retention rate: many users have registered but haven’t logged on to the platform, or have only logged on once.
B - Connection Rate
The connection rate is the number of users who access at least one course each month. Here are some tips to ensure a high connection rate:
- Update the platform with new content.
- Establish a communication plan before platform or program deployment to inform your learners that new training content is available.
- Verify that your learners have received the invitation email (remember to check the spam folder!). If they haven’t received their invitation email, check out this article for help: Help section for problems related to notifications.
- Ask your learners if they are having trouble accessing the platform. If so, feel free to send them the 360Learning Learner's Guide.
The connection rate should be monitored when launching your platform. Then, you can monitor it every 6 months.
C - Session-related metrics
The bar charts are used to analyze:
- Session participation rates
- Session completion rates
- Session success rates
It’s helpful to monitor and compare these three indicators to improve your platform. Here are some actions to implement depending on different scenarios you may encounter:
- High participation rate / low completion rate:
- The course reference point can send reminders.
- Your program may be too long: you can insert an email step every 5 or 6 courses to congratulate and encourage your learners.
- Motivate your learners by awarding Paths
- High completion rate / low success rate:
- The minimum score you set may be too high. We recommend keeping it under 70%.
- Empower learners with certificates!
To measure the impact of content created on the platform, navigate to Dashboard> General> Deployment.
You can access the number of activities created by authors, current active programs and program types (100% e-learning or blended learning), as well as the types of documents that you have uploaded to courses.
You can also look at what type of content is most popular with users and focus on it in your courses (while maintaining some variety).
To recap, this data allows you to continuously improve your training programs. Your first program won’t be perfect and that’s totally normal! However, you can modify it at any time.
The 360Learning platform has been designed to encourage discussion and social interaction: learners can communicate with each other via the forums.
3 KPIs allow you to measure the social activity on the platform:
- The number of publications
- The number of comments
- The number of Reactions. Reactions are pre-recorded messages. They are intended to facilitate course engagement: the learner simply needs to click on the thumbnail to react. For more information, check out our dedicated article: Social Features
- Why should I focus on and encourage social activity on my platform?
- A platform with social interactions is a platform that keeps learners coming back.
- The presence of publications and comments encourages your learners to ask questions if they haven’t understood something, thus improving the overall understanding of your training content.
- The collaborative aspect of the platform allows more advanced learners to answer questions from newcomers via the course contextual forums: less work for you, more help between learners!
- How can I increase platform social interactions?
- Be a good example to your users by optimizing your platform: include logos with your company colors, profile pictures, etc.
- Make a plan: how many posts per week, what type?
- Each of your groups must have a Coach whose role is to respond to learner comments and questions.
- Why not launch a challenge on the platform? For example, a contest for who has the best profile picture. This will encourage your learners to include a profile picture and humanize your platform.