Think of Groups as classrooms for your digital university.
This article covers:
The different between public and private groups occurs at the content creation level:
- If you invite both public and private groups to the same program, learners from all public groups will see forum activity
- Learners from private groups will only see their own forum activity (and only they will see it).
In other words, private groups are completely compartmentalized: learners can only see interaction and activity from members of the private group.
You designate the status during the group creation phase. You can change this setting at any time.
Here, the group is private
- If a learner is in a public group, they will see learners that are in public groups and interactions between members of public groups in the forum.
- If a learner is in a private group, they’ll only see learners and interactions between members of the private group.
Using the Search Engine:
By using the search bar, a user can see another user if:
- They are both part of a public group
- They are both in the same private group