In this article, we’ll go over how to:
- Open a course that you want to duplicate
- Click on the Duplicate icon in the upper right-hand corner, as shown below:
When you duplicate a course, bear in mind that:
- You can change the general course information of the duplicated course, these changes will not be applied to the original course.
- You can change the order of activities in the duplicated course, these changes will not be applied to the original course.
- If you edit an activity (i.e edit a question or a cheatsheet or update a document) changes will also be applied to the original version of the course. To make changes without affecting the original version, you can make a copy of the activity (see below).
- You can add/delete a cheat sheet or question in your duplicated course. The new cheat sheets/questions will not be added to the original version of the course. Deleted cheat sheets/questions in the duplicated courses will not be deleted in the original version.
Please note: for duplicated courses, only the authors of cheat sheets or questions can edit them. An administrator cannot modify a duplicated course if they are not also the author of the activities contained in the course.
Creating a copy of an activity (worksheets or questions) keeps you from creating a new activity from scratch.
To do so:
- Go to the activity you wish to copy
- Click on Create a copy:
- A new version of the activity is created: you can now edit it and not worry about impacting the original version
- Then, delete the initial activity.