In this article, we’ll go over how to:
- Open a course that you want to duplicate
- Click on the Duplicate icon in the upper right-hand corner, as shown below:
When you duplicate a course, bear in mind that:
- You can change the general course information of the duplicated course, these changes will not be applied to the original course.
- You can change the order of activities in the duplicated course, these changes will not be applied to the original course.
- If you make changes to the text of your questions or cheat sheets (for example, the question title, outline content), the changes will also be applied to the original version of the course. To make changes without affecting the original version, you can delete an cheat sheet and add a new one: elements that are added or deleted will not impact the original course.
- You can add/delete an cheat sheet or question in your duplicated course. The new cheat sheets/questions will not be added to the original version of the course. Deleted cheat sheets/questions in the duplicated courses will not be deleted in the original version.
Please note: for duplicated courses, only the authors of cheat sheets or questions can edit them. An administrator cannot modify a duplicated course if they are not also the author of the activities contained in the course.
Creating a copy of an activity (worksheets or questions) keeps you from creating a new activity from scratch.
To do so:
- Go to the activity you wish to copy
- Click on Create a copy:
- A new version of the activity is created: you can now edit it and not worry about impacting the original version
- Then, delete the initial activity.