Gamification techniques help drive participant engagement by creating playful, even competitive, aspects similar to those used in video games.
Two features are available on your 360Learning platform to generate gamification: skill badges and Challenge mode.
Create a badge
To create a skill badge, navigate to the Trainings > Badges menu:
- Click on the button
- Fill in the information regarding the badge: name, skills (optional), requirements
Did you know? A single skill badge can be awarded via multiple associations of courses and modules. For instance, a learner can obtain a badge upon completing 3 courses (A, B, C) OR 1 program and 2 courses (D, E and F). Click on the + button to add a new combination!
Here, we’ve created a Mobile App Expert📱 skills badge that will be unlocked after having successfully completed 2 specific courses and 1 program OR 1 course and 1 badge.
Edit a badge
Badges can be edited at any time. To edit a badge, return to the badges section in the Trainings > Badges menu and click on the badge you want to edit.
Delete a badge
To delete a badge, return to the badges section in the Trainings > Badges menu and click on the X icon next to the badge:
How do learners get badges?
A badge is received automatically after a program or a course required is validated by a learner.
Note: If the required course is in training or evaluation mode with a minimal score set, the badge will only be unlocked after the course validation:
- Training mode course failed: the learner has to retry the course in order to validate it and have the badge unlocked
- Exam mode course failed: the learner will not receive the badge.
Badges will be visible on the learner's profil page:
Track learners who have unlocked a badge
Find learners based on the skill badges they’ve been awarded from the Dashboard > Skills > Badges menu.
Click on the line corresponding to the desired badge and you’ll access the list of trainees that have been awarded this particular badge.
Also, you can download a .CSV file with the results.
In Challenge mode, learners are competing against each another. They only have one attempt to take the course and will be ranked according to their speed and score.
Set up a course in Challenge mode
Everything takes place during the program creation phase!
- Start by creating a new program template
- Next, add a new e-learning course:
- Once the course is added, select the Challenge mode:
- If you want, you can add other courses. Next, let's publish the program!
Once the program template, we can create a session for the program.
- To do so, click on the "+" icon in the Session box (left-hand side of the screen):
- Next, you have to set up the course within the session: if you want, you can select a release date. Please note: it's not possible to set up a minimum score nor a minimum/maximum time. After all this is a Challenge :)
Demo time: how learners go through a course in Challenge mode
Watch the video below to find out what it's like for learners to take a course in Challenge mode!
Retrieve statistics for courses in Challenge mode
To access the course statistic, head over to the Dashboard > Sessions menu, and choose the session.
Next, to get the final ranking, you need to access the IndividualResults section. Then, filter the results in increasing order (from the lowest to the highest score) by clicking on the Score tab. Learners will be ranked according to their score, and in case of equal scores, according to their time.