an embed code (or “redirect link”) allows you to embed an object that already exists on the Internet into a course: a Google drive document, Prezi presentation, etc.
For example, our favorite online content creation tools need embed codes since the documents are created on the Internet 😉
- After creating the document, look for the Share menu and locate the "embed" field, as shown here on Soundcloud
- Copy the link.
- In the course editing menu, integrate the document and copy the link in the embed code field, as shown in the screenshot below:
Let’s try and add a Google Doc to the platform
- From your Google account, select the file of your choice
- Click on File then on Publish to the Web
- Next, click on Embed, then on Publish:
- Copy the link:
- Paste this link in the “embed” field when adding the document to the platform:
- Give your document a name and add a thumbnail
- You’re all set!