Your training programs are made up of learning courses. In this article, we’ll go over how to set up a course:
The program template is the general structure of a program, with permanent elements, that do not depend on session dates. There are multiple items you can edit in the program template:
A – The course mode
The course mode will determine how the learner takes the course (and impact course validation and the number of attempts they have to complete the course).
When part of a program, 4 modes are available for e-learning courses:
- Learning Mode: learners view courses and can continue following the program once the course has been completed. If the course contains questions, the answers are shown after each question, and the forum is displayed all along.
Application: Use Learning mode to allow learners to learn new skills, or for informational purposes.
- Training Mode: Answers to questions and the forum are displayed at the end of the course. This mode is interesting if you want to set up a minimum score.
Application: Use Training mode to make sure learners have understood key concepts.
- Examination Mode: The learner only has one attempt to complete the course. Answers to questions and the forum are displayed at the end of the course.
- If the learner exits in the middle of a course, the course and program will be considered finished. It’s as if the learner left during an exam.
- If a learner does not obtain the minimum score, they can continue the course and program.
Application: You want to replicate exam conditions for learners, for example, when they are working to obtain a certificate.
- Challenge Mode: Learners are competing with each another. They only have one attempt to complete the course. Answers to questions and the forum are displayed directly after learners respond.
Application: You want to make training interactive and create a competitive spirit amongst learners.
B – Course scores
The table below details the possibilities for setting a minimum score for a course:
C – What about certificates? 🎓
You can add certification to your courses. Based on the mode you’ve chosen, learners will be awarded the certificate under the following conditions:
- Failure to pass a course in Learning mode: the learner obtains the certificate
- Failure to pass a course in Training mode: the learner must redo the course and validate it to obtain the certificate.
- Failure to pass a course in Examination mode: the learner will not receive the certificate.
D – Course time limits ⏰
Set time limits for viewing your courses:
- Minimum time
- Maximum time
To do so, click on Time Limitation and select the desired option:
In the course session, you configure contextual aspects, meaning course availability dates.
A - How do I modify a program session?
To modify a course session, navigate to the Trainings > Programs menu and click on the desired session from the Sessions box (on the left).
B – Modify the course availability date in a program
You can choose to unlock a course on a specific date. To do so, check the Availability option and select a date and time from the calendar:
Learners will receive an email notification when the course is available.
⚠️ Please Note: One email for each new course that becomes available is sent. To avoid sending multiple messages, remember to only set an availability date for the first course in the series of courses you want to make available. The following courses will be automatically available on the same date, but learners will not receive a notification email.