You’ve created your courses using the 360Learning authoring-tool. You can now add them to training programs, along with other items (webinars, automatic emails, attended classes, etc.).
A program is composed of:
- A template: it’s your training structure, it’s permanent.
- A session: an event related to your program with start and end dates, along with participants.
In this article, we’ll go over how to modify a course:
The program template is the general structure of a program, with permanent elements, that do not depend on session dates.
To modify a program template, navigate to the Trainings > Programs menu and click on the desired template. Next, go to the template Settings and click on the gear icon
A – The course mode
The course mode will determine how the learner takes the course (and impact course validation and the number of attempts they have to complete the course).
When part of a program, 4 modes are available for e-learning courses:
- Training Mode: Learners view courses and can continue following the program once the course has been completed. If the course contains questions, the answer and forum are displayed directly afterwards.
Application: Use Training mode to allow learners to learn new skills, or for informational purposes.
- Practice Mode: If the learner fails a course, they must redo it until they pass. Answers to questions and the forum are displayed at the end of the course.
Application: Use Practice mode to make sure learners have understood key concepts.
- Evaluation Mode: The learner has one attempt to complete the course. Answers to questions and the forum are displayed at the end of the course.
- ⚠️ Important: If the learner exits in the middle of a course, the course and program will be considered finished. It’s as if the learner left during an exam.
- ⚠️ Also Important: If a learner does not obtain the minimum score, they can continue the course and program.
Application: You want to replicate exam conditions for learners, for example, when they are working to obtain a certificate.
- Challenge Mode: Learners compete with one another. They only have one attempt to complete the course. Answers to questions and the forum are displayed directly after learners respond.
Application: You want to make training interactive and create a competitive spirit amongst learners.
B – Course scores
The table below details the possibilities for setting a minimum score for a course:
C – What about certificates? 🎓
You can add certification to your courses. Based on the mode you’ve chosen, learners will be awarded the certificate under the following conditions:
- Failure to pass a course in Training mode: the learner must redo the course and validate it to obtain the certificate.
- Failure to pass a course in Evaluation mode: the learner will not receive the certificate.
D – Course time limits ⏰
Set time limits for viewing your courses:
- Minimum time
- Maximum time
To do so, click on Time Limit and select the desired option:
In this example, learners will be able to view the course for a maximum of 5 minutes
In the course session, you configure contextual aspects, meaning course availability dates.
A - How do I modify a program session?
To modify a course session, navigate to the Trainings > Programs menu and click on the desired session from the Sessions box (on the left).
B – Modify the course availability date in a program
You can choose to unlock a course on a specific date. To do so, check the Availability option and select a date and time from the calendar:
The course will be available on 11/13/2017 at 3:42PM
Learners will receive an email notification when the course becomes available.
⚠️ Please Note: One email for each new course that becomes available is sent. To avoid sending multiple messages, remember to only set an availability date for the first course in the series of courses you want to make available.
The following courses will be automatically available on the same date, but learners will not receive a notification email.