In this article, we’re going to look at the lifecycle of a course:
A course draft is a course that you’ve created, but have not yet published.
Course drafts are available here: Trainings > Courses > Drafts:
Once a course has been published, it can be edited at any time, even if it has been integrated into a program in progress.
A - Adding new activities
You can add new activities at anytime by accessing the course editor. Click on the desired activity format (Document, Cheat Sheet, Question) to create a new activity.
💡Important: learners who have already started the course (i.e the old version of the course) won't be able to see newly-added activities. They will have to restart the course, either by being signed up for a new program session, or by refreshing the course via the catalog) to see the new course.
B - Modifying activity content
- Document: if you are the author, you can update a document by clicking on the settings (the gear icon) and then clicking on Update the document.
- Outline: the author and co-author can modify outline content.
- Question: only the question author can make changes.
- An imported outline / question can only be modified by the author of the outline / questions. The administrator or the course co-author cannot make changes.
- An activity that’s modified in one course will also be modified in all of the courses that contain the activity in question.
This edits will be visible by all learners who are taking the course.
B – Changing the order of activities
Hold your click on an activity and drag it to another place in the course to reorganize the order of course activities.
C – Deleting a course activity
To delete an activity from a course: hover over the activity, a cross will appear on the right, click on it.
Click Yes on the confirmation message.
💡Important: learners who have already started the course (i.e the old version of the course) will still be able to see deleted activities.They will have to restart the course, either by being signed up for a new program session, or by refreshing the course via the catalog) to see the new version of the course.
A - From the course list
You can delete an existing course directly from the list of courses.
Hover over the course and click on the trash can icon:
B - From the General Settings menu
You can also delete a course directly from the editing menu.
Once your course is open on the platform, hover over the General Settings section and click on the X icon: