On your 360Learning platform, you have the possibility of integrating 2 different types of videos as course documents:
- Videos saved on your computer
- Videos hosted on the Internet (YouTube, Dailymotion ...)
Let’s check out our different video-related features!
A video is added to a course as a document:
- If the video is saved on your computer, create a new document and click on the yellow VID icon
- If the video is hosted on the Internet, copy the URL and paste it in the media URL field, as shown below:
You can also choose excerpts from the video:
- In the course editing menu, navigate to the video settings
- Selection the “Select an excerpt of this video” option
- Use the sliders to define the ranges you want to show:
Here, we can see that the video will start at 2 minutes.
A video that you’ve imported from a web host remains the property of that site. The platform simply makes it possible for your learners to watch the content and acts as a bridge between learners and the web host. With this is mind, it’s fully authorized, and even encouraged, to include videos from the Internet.
For more information, please consult the terms and conditions of these web hosting services:
Content subject to copyright:
- audiovisual content (TV shows, films, online videos)
- sound recordings and musical compositions
- written works (conference transcripts, articles, books, music scores)
- visual works (paintings, advertisements)
- video games and software
- dramatic works (plays, musicals)
You can read the Code of Best Practices in Fair Use For Online Video from the CMSI (Center for Media and Social Impact) here: http://www.cmsimpact.org/fair-use/related-materials/codes/code-best-practices-fair-use-online-video
Creative Commons Licenses: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
- Always include the name of the author and the source of the resources you use
2. Use Google Advanced Search:http://www.google.fr/advanced_searchand select the “usage right” that you need
A - The video won’t load/loads poorly
There may be several reasons why the video isn’t loading properly:
- Try emptying your web browser cache (more information here)
- Check your Internet speed, a poor Internet connection may hinder the launch / video playback. Click here to check your connection seed.
- We also recommend that you use Google Chrome for an optimal platform experience.
- Update your Adobe Flash Player: check out this article for more information
B - Have a good quality video with reduced bandwidth
We recommend that you use a conversion tool, such as Handbrake
Compress the video using the following settings:
- Video Average Bitrate: 416 kbps
- 2-pass encoding
- Picture Settings (resolution): 960x540 (pixels)
- Audio bitrate: 96
- See the settings on the following screenshots:
Upload the compressed video to the platform. Video quality will be good, even with reduced bandwidth.