360Learning provides an authoring tool available directly on the platform. Use this tool to create your training courses and integrate them into programs.
Creating courses is a 3-step process, we’re going to look at each step in detail:
On the platform you have two ways of accessing the course creation workflow:
- From the Home Page (easiest option): Click on the Course icon:
- From the Trainings menu: Click on + Course in the lower left-hand menu, as shown below:
You’re now in the course creation menu. Your turn! Hover over the interactive image below to know how to fill in the course:
A course can contain 3 types of activities:
A - Documents
Documents in your training courses can come from 3 different sources:
- From your computer: Images (gif, jpg, jpeg, png, ico, bmp), videos (3gp, avi, flv, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, mts, vob, webm, wmv), PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Flash
- From the Internet: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Prezi, Slideshare, Google Docs, ThingLink, Genially, Adways, Tiki Toki and over 2,000 other embeddable formats;
- From your platform: If your document is already being used in another program, you can easily find it and reuse it.
Let your creativity run wild and feel free to use your favorite tools to create original content!
There is no file size limit for your documents; they will be automatically converted when you upload them to the platform. Please do note that larger documents will take longer to load.
Click here to find out more about documents on the platform!
B - Cheatsheets
A cheatsheet is a document that summarizes key elements that your trainees need to remember.
Cheatsheets have a title and a body of text, they are an easy and quick way of adding text to your course.
You can also add links, images or other formats. Click here to access our article on cheatsheets!
C - Questions
The 360Learning platform offers 9 different types of questions:
The aim is to vary the learning experience and help learners better retain knowledge.
Tip: you can import questions you’ve already created into other courses.
Click here to read a complete review of the
You’ve filled out the general information for your course, added activities and questions…You’re all set to publish your course! 🚀
To publish a course, click on Publish in the left-hand menu.
Unable to publish? Check your activities in the left-hand column; there is surely an element or two missing. You can easily see what’s missing thanks to the little red symbol to the right of the activity title, as shown here: