The 360Learning platform is available in 11 languages: French, English, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
This article will go over:
To change the platform language:
- Hover over your profile photo and click on My Settings
- Select a language from the drop-down menu
- Site structure:
- Buttons (start, next..)
- Site tabs: Home/Advanced Options/Add Members...
- If you’ve created “True/False” questions, they will be translated to “True/False”
What’s not translated:
- Your training program content, meaning all elements you’ve added and created.
Here, for example, we can see that the platform structure has been translated into Italian (see green rectangle) but the course remains in the original language (see orange rectangle).
The language of your login page may be different from the language chosen for your platform.
I’ve configured my platform to be in French, but the login page is in English.
This is happening because the login page uses your web browser settings to choose what language should be displayed.
I’ve configured my platform to be in French and my web browser is in French, but the login page is in English.
Your web browser is in French (the menus are displayed in French) but it might be configured to favor English.
Tip: Check your Google Chrome settings here chrome://settings/languages
Here, we can see that English has been set as a priority over French