Your courses are all set, your program is ready... It's time to add users! This article goes over the 3 ways you can invite users to your platform:
When inviting a user, an email invite will be sent so they can set up their account.
You can invite a user from:
- The My Workspace > Users > Add users > Invite by email menu
- Or via the group settings (Members > Add users > Invite by email)
Hover over the interactive image below to find out more:
Are you experiencing issues when sending the invite? This means that the accounts probably exists on another 360Learning platform already. Click here to find out more about how you can send the invite.
When you set up a user's account, they don't have to accept the invite. They can log in immediately.
A - Setting up 1 account
You can set up accounts from:
- The My Workspace > Users > Add users > Set an account menu
- Or via the group settings (Members > Add users > Set an account)
Hover over the interactive image below to find out how you can set up an account:
B - Setting up multiple accounts
You can set up multiple accounts in one go by using our CSV template (see attachment).
Hover over the interactive image below to learn how to fill in the template:
Once the template is complete, you can paste the rows into the platform.
Lastly, you can add users into the platform via a program session. To do so, go to the Trainings > Programs menu and choose the program. Next, access the program session via the Session box on the left-hand side:
In the Session box, click on Learners + to add:
- Learners who already have an account: all you have to do is tick their name in the list
- Or you can add new learners by clicking on Adding new emails
The invite will be sent:
- Immediately (if the program had already started)
- When the program opens (if the program hasn't started yet)
You can find pending invites:
- In the group settings (Members > Pending invitations menu)
- In the My Workspace > Users > Pending invitations menu:
- The For the group menu contains all invitations that were sent for the group that represents your company
- The Subgroups menu contains the invitations that were sent for the groups you have created
1️⃣It seems like the user already has an account on 360Learning
When adding an email address, you might come across this message:
This means that the email address you're trying to add is already used somewhere on another 360Learning platform, thus you won't be able to add it.
There is a way around this: you can still add the email address by using an alias.
Most email providers (like Gmail) allow users to create alias using the "+" sign. For instance if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, it will come into email@example.com 's inbox. And because this is a slightly different email address, John Doe will be able to automatically redirect emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to a mail folder. Dreamy, right?
If your email service doesn't work with alias, or if you don't know whether is does, you can use the "#" key. For instance, you can use email@example.com We will take care of sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Adding the "+" or "#" key will make the platform think that you're using a different email address, whereas messages come through by one email server.
Please note: learners for whom you have used email alias will have to use said addresses to log into the platform. For instance, if you have added email@example.com then he will have to log into the platform with this very address.
2️⃣Users can no loger find their account IDs
- Email address: you can easily find an user's email address via the My Workspace > Users > All menu
- Password: for security reasons, the platform doesn't store password. learners can reset their password by clicking on the Forgotten Password? button on the login portal.
3️⃣What is the validity of an email invite?
Email invites do not expire, unless you delete them via the My Workspace > Users > Pending invitations menu.