Let's recap: on the platform, your learners can follow training programs in 2 ways:
- They receive an invitation to follow a training program (ex. mandatory regulatory training)
- They can follow courses and programs in open access via the catalogue (ex. cross-disciplinary management program)
The catalogue allows you to make programs and courses available to targeted groups of learners: each training group has their own training catalogue.
The goal of the catalogue is to encourage learners to view resources that interest them, without needing to be enrolled in a training program by the training team. It’s kind of like a video-on-demand site!
We've put together an article for you that recaps catalogue features:
When learners return to a course or program that they've completed and that is not available in the catalogue, they can view activities (for example, read an outline, watch a video, consult answers to questions). However, they can't redo questions or generate a new score for the course.
When a completed course or program is available in the catalogue, the learner can consult it AND redo all activities, including questions.
The catalogue allows learners to freely access and replay training, without needing to be enrolled by the administrative team.
A – Disable a group’s catalogue
By default, the catalogue is activated on your platform.
To deactivate it (or reactivate it), navigate to the catalogue settings menu (gear icon located on the catalogue page, or Settings and Members > My Account > Catalogue) and (un)check the Catalogue option.
B – Customize the catalogue
The catalogue is fully customizable based on your company's needs and visual identity:
- Catalogue name ("Catalogue", "Training Center" or the name of your choice up to 24 characters)
- Cover image
- Presentation video
- Display of tabs
C – Make yourself some tabs!
Your catalogue is organized into several categories:
- The New section contains the latest training programs added to the group's catalogue
- The Most Popular Training section contains programs and courses with the most views
- You can also organize your catalogue by Topics. They're visible in the Discover section of the catalogue
To add a new Topic, go to the Settings & Users > Catalog > Displayed Topics menu, and click on the button. You can select an existing topic or create a new one using the button.
D - Topic creation
Topics allow you to center your courses or programs around general ideas.
You can create topics:
- Directly via the Catalog settings: in the Displayed Topics session, click on the button to see available topics, and on in the bottom-left corner to create a new topic.
- Or via the My Workspace > Settings > Topics menu. Click on the button to create a new topic
Topics will be featured in the catalog's Discover tab.
To allocate a topic, access the catalog settings and click on the button to select a topic.
Access to the catalog is managed via groups. You can decide what learners see in the catalog based on the groups they are part of.
- For a course: from the General Information menu, scroll to the Advanced Options menu and click on Groups to open access to specific groups.
Please note: course availability in the catalogue is only available if you have subscribed to the User pricing plan.
- For a program: in the session's settings menu, scroll to the Advanced options menu and click on the Open access in the catalog option. Then click on Groups to open access to specific groups.
- From a group page: you can directly assign courses and program that will be available to groups. To do so, navigate to the group settings menu, click on the Trainings menu and assign content that will be available in the catalog.
There are 2 touch points:
- The Discover tab is the Homepage of the catalog where your learners can access recently-added trainings.
- The Browse tab is the index page where your learners will find all the training available to their group.
Trainees can filter catalog content by:
- Training type (course, program, certifying program)
- Skills (if skills have been added to the course or program)
- Group (if the trainee belongs to multiple groups)
- Title (alphabetical order)
- Number of views
- Title (alphabetical order)
- Language (only for courses)
- Completion (trainees can hide the programs/courses they have already completed by clicking on the eye-shaped icon )